February 2018, Tampa, FL – Get ready to celebrate one of Tampa’s best-known attractions, great craft beer, during this year’s Tampa Bay Beer Week. Established in 2012, Tampa Bay Beer week is planned by a committee of brewers, brewery owners, beer distributors, home-brewers and beer enthusiasts to advance the Tampa Bay beer culture through education, events and marketing. The event helps promote the diverse local, national and international beer culture that encompasses the greater Tampa Bay area.
At Coppertail Brewing Co., beer week is ten days long with several events planned. Beer lovers can choose from a live concert, a drag race, food events, and the first appearance in Florida of several guest brewers’ beer. Here’s the lineup:
1. Friday, March 2 (all day)- Why wait until Beer Week begins? Coppertail will get a jump on the celebration with their un-official start to Beer Week by releasing Brew’s Banner when doors open at 11 am. Brew’s Banner, an American Imperial IPA (ABV 10%), will be on tap, and on sale in four packs in the tasting room only. There will be limited distribution of draft in taprooms across the state.
2. Saturday, March 3 (6pm-12am)- It’s the official start of Tampa Bay Beer Week and Coppertail is hosting Late Start Brewing for a tap takeover. Late Start is one of Tampa’s up and coming breweries. Their soon-to-be open brewery will be located in Channelside at the Pour House bar.
3.Sunday, March 4 (6pm to 9pm)- Coppertail is hosting Aardwolf Brewing Company from Jacksonville for a tap takeover. Aardwolf’s beer will be featured on all six taps in the loft space.
4. Monday, March 5th (6pm-11pm)- Coppertail is hosting Walking Tree Brewery from Vero Beach for a tap takeover. Walking Tree won Best Small Brewery and Best Beer in Florida at the Best Florida Beer Competition in 2017. Their beer will be featured on all six taps in the loft space.
5.Wednesday, March 7 (6pm)– Coppertail’s 2nd annual Wood Car Race will bring out the scout in you. Buy a wood car-making kit in the taproom while they last for making a car to enter in the race. A limit of 30 cars will be able to enter the race. Rules of the road are on Coppertail’s Facebook page. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. The race will be held at 6 pm. Craft brewers from Richmond, Va., Hardywood Park, will be on hand with guest tap selections.
6.Thursday, March 8th (7pm)- Coppertail’s VIP Beer Week Dinner. A limited number of tickets will be available for this special four-course dinner to be served in Coppertail’s upstairs loft. Food by the S&V Kitchen at Coppertail will be served with beer and mead pairings from Swedish guest brewery, Sahtipaja. Tickets will be $60 per person and will sell out quickly. See Coppertail’s Facebook page for more details.
7. Friday, March 9 (6pm)– Half-Pipes with Half Acre and Pipeworks. This skateboard event benefits Coppertail’s Helping with Hops non-profit of the month, Boards for Bros. With the help of Skatepark of Tampa, a 16-foot half pipe will be set up in the front lot. Local pros will be on hand and there will be a best trick contest, cash prizes and giveaways. Friends from Chicago, Half Acre Beer Company and Pipeworks Brewing Co., are sending 12 kegs of their killer beer to put on tap during the event. This will be the first time you can taste their beer in Florida. No fee for spectators.
8. Saturday, March 10 (6pm – 11pm) -Tampa Bay Beer Week Night of Metal. Tickets are on sale now to hear four metal bands play on Coppertail’s back dock: Black Tusk, Royal Thunder, Leviathan Cross and Mutilated Grist. Five breweries are sending kegs for the event: TRVE Brewing Co. from Denver, CO, Phantom Carriage Brewery from Gardena, CA, Oxbow Brewing Company from Newcastle, ME, Angry Chair from Tampa, and Red Cypress from Winter Springs, FL. $15 in advance, $20 at the door.
9. Sunday, March 11 (11am to 3 pm) - Beer Week Wrap-up Brunch. A special Beer Week menu will be offered by the S&V Kitchen at Coppertail. Enjoy a coffee infused beer with your meal to celebrate another great Beer Week.
Check Coppertail’s Facebook page for details, additions, and changes to the events. Happy Tampa Bay Beer Week!
About Coppertail Brewing Co.
Coppertail Brewing Co. is an independently owned production brewery in Tampa, FL, founded in 2014 by homebrewer and reformed attorney, Kent Bailey, and professional brewer, Casey Hughes. The two wanted to bring more hop-forward and Belgian influenced beer to the thirsty masses.
Coppertail brews and bottles their beer in Tampa for distribution throughout Florida. Four core beers are available year-round, with seasonal releases and special treatments offered throughout the year. Coppertail beer is available at Total Wine, Target, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, Publix, and at the brewery seven days a week. For more information, visit coppertailbrewing.com.
Links for more information:
Gary Kost, Director of Marketing
Coppertail Brewing Co.
2601 E. 2nd Ave., Tampa, FL, 33605
Media friends, please contact Nancy before visiting Coppertail. Thanks!
Veranos Marketing and PR Services